Tears of the candle, meaning and interpretation
The tears of the candle is an oracle that I use a lot, to know how the ritual that I am doing at that moment is working. I also look at the remains left by the candles or "wax seal". I always use ceramic or glass bases under each candle, first to avoid accidents with the wooden table, and then so that I can see clearly the "wax seal" or remains that each one has left.
Steps before reading the tears of the candle
The study of the flame of the candle and the tears of the candle that are forming, is much more concrete than that of the seal or remains, since sometimes there is nothing left and we do not have information on how our request is going to be solved.
When we go to perform a ritual with candles, it is not only to place them with the necessary elements, turn them on, read the prayer or make the request and leave them, and we go to rest, it is very important that the first 20 minutes of the ritual we observe them, that let's look at what the flame of the candle is like, and if tears begin to form from the candle, with these we would begin to have answers from the results of our ritual. We must see very well how they are coming off, although these are not the ones that contain the 100% response, since it takes a little longer to form. But with them we have the first indications of how the results will be, and we can take it as an enriching advice.
This oracle of the reading of the tears of the candle is inherited from the ancient reading of the fat of the torches, we know it as "tear of the candle or crying of the candles". The drops that are spilled indicate what kind of environmental energy is being received at that moment when we turn it on for the ritual. So much so that, depending on the side that fall or the way they do, we can interpret the message they want to send us.
The tears of the candle shed, will reveal to us the resolution of the ritual that we are carrying out, these are the most usual possibilities.
Types of candle tears:
- Tear to the right: resolution of the ritual will be positive
- Tear to the left: resolution of the ritual will be negative
- Tears on both sides of the candle: the resolution is not clear, you should look for more supports
- Several tears accumulate and create a large one: There is a cluster of conflicting situations, it is advisable to look for support. If that tear is directed to the right, it can be solved, if it is directed to the left, no.
- A large tear is divided into several directions: the problem will be solved, you should look at the directions to know how things will be happening.
- Tears fall through the center of the candle: the solution to the requests after the conflict.
- Tears fall to the base with pauses along the way: there are many drawbacks during the process.
- Tears fall quickly to the base: the solution will come quickly to the problems.
- Tears fall through the front of the candle: it symbolizes the material
- Tears fall down the back of the candle: it symbolizes the spiritual.
- There are many accumulated tears: there will be many difficulties
- Tears stop at the center: We are facing a very fast and concrete response as it tells us that the client will come to the end of the problems because he will obtain quick solutions to all pending issues.
The flame of the candle (fire) can make several colors, these are the meanings:
- Bright colors: Good omens
- Weak colors: Be alert
- Green flame: Hope
- Flame of color Blue: prudence
- Yellow flame: changes
- Orange flame: luck and energy
- White flame: prosperity
- Black flame: negative energies
- Flame of color Red: feelings, passion.
The intensity of the flame also gives us answers:
- Strong: positive result
- Weak: impediments
- It goes off: problems, obstacles
- Normal: balance, everything goes normally
- A single flame: a path
- Two flames: two roads, several solutions
- The flames also have movement and the most common movements are the following:
- Flame that rises: the energy is positive
- Flame that goes down: the energy is negative
- Call spiral movement: evolution
- Flame that makes sparks: solve past
- Flame that moves a lot: obstacles